Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Rustic and Modern Retreat







Anne's Perspective:My favorite thing about this room is the mix of textures and styles...what a great combo!    I love the stacked slate on the fireplace which gives it a rustic organic flair - mixed with the modern and contemporary style of the "Egg" chair.  It's a clean rather minimalistic room, but still loaded with style!  I feel the direction of design is perfectly  stated in this space  because it's all about the mixing of styles.  How wonderful to be curled up on that chair - wood burning in the fireplace, cup of tea and staring out the window at that beautiful view.  Aaaahh...


Dylan's Perspective:So much can describe this modern masterpiece. What I see are the layers of hard and soft. Hard being the textural blue slate stack stone and the stack of firewood, paired with the soft, like the fabric mid century Egg chair and the fluffy shag rug.  This chair makes me want to read one of those books on the floor with my cup of tea and my favorite throw blanket to curl up in to just enjoy the view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment