Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mid Century Transitional


Anne's Perspective:
I am really enjoying this space  for several reasons.  First of course,  the black sofa is amazingly cool all tufted and Transitional in style and it's perfectly paired with 2 zebra benches that always add a bit of an edge.  Another element I'm really loving is the desk area in front of the bay window!  The desk is shiny in texture and adds an important  function to the room that I feel is a plus in every space.   Throwing a little curve are the brown leather chairs  - I think they're OK, but I think we could do a little better to round out the room.   I think what is needed most is a beautiful patterned area rug for more texture as well as floor to ceiling drapes for continuity in the bay area.  Color, perhaps??  A little cold but easily rectified!


Dylan's Perspective:
This is probably one of my favorite spaces I have seen in a long time. The reason why is because of the furniture. A black velvet tufted sofa works great to make a room look more formal but at the same time you have those beautiful leather Mid-Century chairs to keep it casually lived in. I love how the designer chose ottomans instead of chairs to keep it open. It's a great way to show you have more visual space when you have no chair back obstruction. For some odd reason, I love the zebra print on them too! Keeping the walls white makes all of the beautiful furniture stand out even more. Keep in mind the use of ottomans instead of chairs to give the illusion of more space.



No comments:

Post a Comment