Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Black and Gold


Anne's Perspective:
Such an interesting space because at first glance I love it, and then after studying it for a few minutes, I detect a few flaws!   I really love the charcoal colored paint mixed with the modern credenza...perfect.  Where my problem comes into play is the accessorizing - I like the gold framed mirror and artwork, but they're different sizes and it  feels "off" to me.  I believe that if symmetry is chosen, then you need to do it evenly and balanced.  Following that same vein, as much as I love that acrylic lamp I don't feel it's the proper piece to contribute to that vignette.  The other side is styled with an art object of the same size, and heights should be staggered.  Just really liked the "feel" of the space, just needs a bit of work on the final touches!


Dylan's Perspective:
Can you say DRAMATIC! I mean wow! I have always fantasized about having a black dining room ever since I was a child, but now I have a desire for a black entry! I love the combination of black and gold. The black lacquered cabinet gives a great reflective quality to a space that is very dark. I love love love the brick, I just wish it was painted white to show the textures but not take away from the gold frame vignette. Anne and I have clients that absolutely love their lucite table lamp. It is a great way to bring in that conversation starter piece. I think the lamp could stand on its own. Meaning, the two glass flutes could have stood with the large glass piece and the lamp over there by itself. Overall I think this is a great use of gold. Don't be afraid to use gold in a space. It just gives that unexpected quality that is key to show off. And please, don't use silver... This isn't 2009.



No comments:

Post a Comment