Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Twisted Traditional


Anne's Perspective:

I'm always drawn to unusual and this room has quite a few elements to pull me in!  The fireplace is so unique in it's architecture - with the padded piece holding the sconces...different and fun.  I also like the simple window treatment and starkness of the tree along with the contemporary daybed.  Black side chairs with zebra  pillows add a bit of drama and warmth to the room, so it's all good!  The only problem I see is the accessorizing...the symmetry of the white vases on the black tables could be more inventive, but the red flower balls are my issue.  Huh??  The horns above the fireplace are not my favorite - feel those are the "weakest links" in this design!

Dylan's Perspective:
This room is odd. I kinda get it though. You can totally tell it is traditional because of the symmetry of the chairs, flower arrangements, and the two sconces. I wish the sconces were down a little with a piece of art in between them and then put the horns above the art. Marble, mmm Marble.... Anything looks good in marble, and this fireplace is no different. I like how the zebra pillows give movement and play to this somewhat stuffy room, plus it resembles the vaining in the marble.



No comments:

Post a Comment