Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Black and White



Anne's Perspective:
OMG....love this space!  Black & White can do no wrong in my book and this is a great example of this.  Art gallery wall is awesome with a mixture of shapes and content - great job.  Give me a tufted Chesterfield sofa, white comfy chairs to relax in and throw in an  old rustic piece for a coffee table and I'm a happy girl!!!   Have to admit...not sure what that white fluffy thing is behind the sofa but I like it - great texture!  Give this one an A....


Dylan's Perspective:

What should I talk about first, the architecture and grandeur of the room, or the large black Chesterfield? 

Let's talk about the furniture first: The large Chesterfield is a great focal point to this room. I love all of the history in here with the coffee table that resembles a train cart, the vintage pictures, the worn out books, and the feather head dress behind the sofa. Paring the crisp white love seat and chair creates a clean environment. The pictures in this room are oversized and dressed to impress! Keeping all of the frames the same color makes this cluttered wall more cohesive. I love how they put that one round mirror to show movement with all of the 90% angles. One thing I would change is to remove the picture in between  the windows. If you have a large wall like this, use over-scaled art to fill in the negative space.

No comments:

Post a Comment