Monday, July 23, 2012

Be Bold in Art


Anne's Perspective:

What an unusual Contemporary space!  I always lean toward the bold, and I do like the dramatic art  piece that is the focal point of the room, but there's alot for me to question.  Like, the mauve colored sofa, with the red art leaning up against the black and white...two black lamps side by side, the accessories are odd with the two vases - everything is in pairs even down to the duckies!   Love the hairy rug, the textures of the tables work for me, but all in all  I'll pass on this one.

Dylan's Perspective:
Okie dokey, I'm having trouble with this room. I love every piece individually, but the way they put them in this room makes me feel turned down. The art I LOOVVEE! I think that the two weird lamps standing next to each other distract from the magnitude of this painting. Same with the orange, hot pink, and red art piece. The accessorizing is off to me. Two yellow cups next to those numbered blocks I had when I was a child, and two rubber duckies? Really? I want to switch those accessories with one of the flower arrangements from the coffee table. The light, blush pinks are nice but not with black and gold accents. But I do love the juxtaposition of the innocent pink sofa and the edginess of the splattered paint on the art piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment