Thursday, July 19, 2012

In the Clear with Lucite!

Dylan's Perspective:
Cream on cream can be daunting to some people but don't be afraid! I love how the ten, long and linear mirrors are creating depth and dimension to this monochromatic room. The two mismatched floor lamps are enough the same that the look is traditional because of the symmetry yet new and fresh. Should I talk about the big elephant in the room? Those chairs are absolutely amazing! Write this down you all: Lucite is coming back in style! Grab what you can because it's going to be mainstream before you know it. Maybe not like 2008 where Stark had his Ghost chairs but more furniture items are going clear. 


Anne's Perspective:
Well, it goes without saying - AWESOME LUCITE CHAIRS!!!   Always my favorites so that gives this Modern Classic room a great start.  I love the soft hairy rug underfoot and the monochromatic color scheme of the space is soothing.  However....I'm really torn on the slats of mirrors  behind the sofa.  Part of me appreciates the "unusual" factor, but it's somewhat distracting - not feelin' it.  The bookcase is overloaded and I think it's odd when they have 2 standing lamps at opposite ends of the sofa yet not matching.  I'm the first one not to be "matchy" but when symmetry is brought it, I think they should match.  I would prefer a table lamp on one side to break it up.  There ya have it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment