Thursday, July 19, 2012

Textural Office


Dylan's Perspective:
How cool is that desk!! It looks like burlap or a linen, so much texture! Anyways, I love how dark the walls are in contrasts with the side chair in the corner. I just don't understand why it is pushed all the way in the corner... I say pull it out at an angle to make it more functional. Having baskets in a shelving unit is a great way to cut on the clutter. I also don't understand the little topiary on the desk... just odd. But the chair. Oh my goodness! White frame with dark brown leather creates a modern and sophisticated space I would love to work in. Oh and check out that rug!


Anne's Perspective:
I must say, a great use of textures in this Transitional office.  Dynamic use of black and white with the french style chair in the background - love.  Contrasted with the desk chair - and then the linen covered desk with nailheads is a great addition!  Adding another pattern of B&W with the zebra rug is killer..and I think it's all in a relaxed setting with  the blending of the wall color to the shelving unit.  I might rework the merchandising of the bookcase - it feels a a bit "top heavy" to me and  over stuffed, but hey, it's an office!  Not understanding the little topiary, but all and all....very  creative space.



No comments:

Post a Comment