Monday, July 23, 2012

Details Matter


Anne's Perspective:

This is the kind of room that I want to love but there's so much I want to reach in and shift around!!  There's some lovely transitional pieces, but for some reason it turns out to be a little ho-hum, and I feel like it's a room spacing problem.  That being said, I really love the coffered ceiling and all of the beautiful moldings  but there's absolutely NO WOW FACTOR to be found in this space.  Get some color on the walls and move some furniture around and it could be awesome.  Also, that sad little nook with the beautiful windows...my goodness, need I say more?    So, to sum it up...all of the bones are there, the design is not.

Dylan's Perspective:
Wow, would you look at that coffered ceiling?! Magnificent! The little details in here are done to perfection. I love the two Jonathan Adler chairs that are anchoring the sofa, you know me and my love of lucite, this coffee table does this room justice! So bright, light, and airy this room is. Alright, chair guy (me) here with his opinion about the two chairs flanking the fireplace- I think they could have been better. Maybe something more along the lines of those Jonathan  Adler chairs with the white wood and keeping the same transitional print, but with better chairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment