Thursday, July 19, 2012

Calming Bathroom


Dylan's Perspective:
Who is stopping us from putting upholstery in our bathrooms?! Sarah Richardson does a great job in breaking a rule that isn't really a rule. Having fabric in any space makes the hard edges (like the tile) a little softer. I love how the floors have this green tile to create a pattern on the floor. I'm not a real bather but look at the tub! Go to your local bathtub retailer and take a look at the different styles of tubs. It'll blow your mind! I would love to take a shower in here, just look at all of that elbow room. 
Try to think outside of the box when it comes to your bathroom, whether it is upholstery, or just putting beautiful tile down. Be inspired by this room!

Anne's Perspective:
I think Sarah Richardson is an amazing designer -  she ALWAYS inspires me in my designs.  The thing is, she never ceases to surprise me and that's such an important part of good decorating - the element of surprise.  Even though this is a very subtle and monochromatic bathroom, the full size drapery treatment is unexpected along with a comfortable full size chair, and great textured wallpaper.  I love the striped effect of the flooring and the gorg tub to take a lingering bath - how soothing!  Also, note her crown mouldings and uninterrupted glass surrounding the shower...nice.


1 comment:

  1. i really love the comfy chair in the bathroom, because bathrooms are not just a space to take a shower, but a place to relax!

    ReplyDelete